First Meridian Subwoofer to Include a Full Suite of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Technologies
October 25, 2011—New York, NY—Designed to support a wide range of Meridian DSP Loudspeakers in a variety of applications for two-channel and surround systems, Meridian’s new DSW subwoofer is optimized for both music and for Meridian Digital Theatre. The introduction of this completely new loudspeaker brings with it the connectivity benefits of Meridian’s SpeakerLink, making it quicker and easier to integrate a subwoofer into any Meridian system. It also brings a range of performance enhancing features that are only possible in a in a true DSP Loudspeaker.
- DSW is Meridian’s first true Digital Signal Processing subwoofer. DSP and active technologies deliver powerful, authentic bass with room-filling performance to enhance both music and movie soundtracks.
- Creative industrial design fuses the requirements for a powerful 12” driver and a substantially-built enclosure with a space conscious appearance, producing clever curves that repeat those found throughout the Meridian DSP Loudspeaker range.
- Meridian SpeakerLink connectivity makes DSW quick and easy to install and simple to connect with Meridian Surround Controllers, Audio Core 200, and other DSP Loudspeakers.
- Meridian SpeakerLink also means that DSW can be configured from an attached Surround Controller or Audio Core 200: this in turn means DSW doesn’t require its own control interface, making it easier to configure than conventional subwoofers.
- Designed to complement the bass response of Meridian DSP Loudspeakers, DSW is a flexible, simple and effective system addition that can add power and depth to music and movie systems alike.
- Meridian’s DSP technology monitors signal, volume level, and temperatures to provide advanced bass and thermal protection, ensuring that DSW can be played louder and for longer, without the fear of driver damage or a breakdown in performance.
- A discreetly located connector panel ensures that all cable connections including power are easily made without disturbing DSW’s clean curved lines.
In summary, the new Meridian DSW Digital Active Subwoofer offers superb flexibility and can be used in a wide variety of applications; as a subwoofer in surround sound or Meridian Digital Theatre system; singly to add power and depth to the bass performance of a two-channel DSP system; or with multiple DSW subwoofers in a larger system for the ultimate subwoofer experience.
Meridian DSW Digital Active Subwoofer
Suggested Retail Price USD $5,000.00 (US)/each
Available October 2011
*SpeakerLink—Meridian’s DSP Loudspeakers can be connected with a simple Cat 5 cable instead of expensive, ugly conventional cables. SpeakerLink delivers pristine digital sound and control down a single cable.