Monitor Audio’s diminutive MASS home cinema system offers sculpted space-efficient design, packed with technology and easy-installation features to make the introduction of high quality home cinema sound into any living space a simpler and more satisfying experience. There are three main system models: a Compact satellite speaker, a Center channel and Active subwoofer.
MASS 10 and MASS Center
The compact MASS 10 satellite speaker and its centre-channel counterpart have a stylish construction of rigid polymer, enveloped in a black cloth finish and crowned at either end with contrasting solid aluminium end caps. Their eye-catching curved design is ribbed internally and enhanced by variable wall thickness to produce the most inert enclosure for the twin C-CAM® drivers: a newly developed 1″ tweeter and 4″ bass/midrange.
The 1″ high frequency transducer is adapted from a new generation of ultra-compact low-profile designs, conceived to maximise performance in reduced cabinet volumes. It vents through a custom-formed housing and around the outside of a high power Neo magnet system to a rear-loading chamber, reducing resonance to a point way below the crossover frequency.
[nggallery id=75] Adopting innovation first applied to our flagship Platinum speaker range, the 4″ bass/mid driver is mounted on a tie-bolt fixed to the back of the cabinet. This configuration has the effect of cross-bracing the structure for added rigidity while avoiding front fixings, which can transfer unwanted resonances to the system. Monitor Audio‘s award-winning Platinum blueprint is also represented by the HiVe® reflex port, rifled to optimise airflow and reduce turbulence.
MASS 10 and MASS Center Features
• 4″ Bass-Mid-range driver featuring C-CAM cone technology, for better clarity and control.
• Specially developed 1″ C-CAM tweeter design featuring unique venting and rear loading chamber – low resonance design to provide clean, pure sound.
• Damped Polymer moulded cabinet with internal ribbing. Curved shape also helps to eliminate unwanted standing waves.
• Single point fixing (1/4″ x 20 TPI) for universal wall bracket installation (not provided).
• Concealed, discreet cable termination inside end cap using binding post type connection.
• Single bolt through driver and bracing system, for increased overall bracing and rigidity.
• Single front mounted port featuring HiVe® technology for clean, powerful, punchy bass.
• Black cloth finish with contrasting solid aluminium end caps.
• Optional floor-stand with internal (pre-wired) cable management system.
MASS W200 Active Subwoofer
Underpinning the mid-high frequency refinement of the MASS satellite is a bass engine of equal calibre. The W200 active subwoofer is primed with the precision-crafted ordinance of twin 10″ bass drivers and a potent 220W Class D amplifier, but, with some digital magic from Monitor Audio‘s engineers, is so much more than the sum of its parts.
The on-board amplifier is controlled by an advanced DSP, custom-tuned in the software to optimise the response characteristics of the drivers for the deep, sustained bass delivery that distinguishes the best home cinema systems. It powers a side-firing 10″ long throw C-CAM bass driver equipped with a large, dual-stack magnet system, which produces high electro-mechanical damping to ensure there is no overhang, keeping the bass lines perfectly in time. Complementing the active driver is a 10″ Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR), the two working in tandem within the W200 to generate the output and scale normally associated with ported designs, but with the fast accurate transient response of a sealed box. By doubling the effective radiating area of the system, the drivers maximise the Sound Pressure Level (SPL) from the W200 for room-filling, foundational low frequencies, which match the performance of the MASS 10 satellites in speed and quality. In addition, the W200s integrated DSP offers tailored bass curves for fine-tuning according to taste. ‘Music’, ‘movie’ and ‘impact’ pre-sets may be selected by way of a switch on the back of the W200‘s heavy-duty MDF cabinet, which is cloaked in stealthy black cloth grilles on four sides to complement the aesthetics of the MASS 10.
MASS W200 Features
• Long throw 10″ sub bass driver featuring C-CAM cone technology
• 10″ flat ABR (Auxiliary bass radiator) – Tuned for tight, fast bass punch
• 220 watt class-D power amplifier
• DSP providing accurate filter characteristics
• Advanced limiters designed to ensure the W200 never loses control.
• 3 x pre-set bass mods (Music, Movie, Impact)
• 12v trigger input – ensures W200 switches on and off with other equipment.
• Heavy duty MDF construction
• Discreet black cloth finish.
Availability: November 2012
MASS Pricing (MSRP)
MASS 5.1 System: 1 299 $; MASS 5.0 (4 sats, 1 center): 699 $; MASS Subwoofer:$599 $
For more information, please visit : http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/mass/
Please contact our advertising team to obtain information relating to media placement, either on our Web site or within our magazine. We will be happy to answer your questions.