The Simaudio MOON 380D Digital-to-Analog Converter, our latest addition to the MOON Series of audio components. Designed around our M-AJiC32 circuitry (an asynchronous jitter elimination system) performing in true 32-bit fully asynchronous mode, the MOON 380D features the ESS SABREP32P Ultra DAC operating in 32-bit Hyperstream™ where the conversion process uses an astonishing 8 DAC’s per channel. Raising the bar further, there are eight (8) digital inputs covering the full gamut of connections – AES/EBU on XLR (2), S/PDIF on RCA (2), S/PDIF on BNC (1), Optical (2) and USB (1). All of these inputs can accept a signal up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution. Finally, we’ve included both a full digital monitor loop (S/PDIF) to accommodate external devices such as a room correction component, as well as one S/PDIF digital output.
Enhancing this Digital-to-Analog Converter are two (2) separate options; (i) The MOON MiND music streamer module which is actually a digital 9th input via WiFi or Ethernet connection, and (ii) a high quality remote-controlled volume circuit feeding both balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) analog outputs. The MOON 380D is targeted at individuals with computer-based audio setups, large digital music collections or multiple digital sources.
Significant Design Features
• True 32-bit Digital-to-Analog converter using ESS Technology SABRE32 Ultra DAC / Digital Filter (ES9016) working in 32-bit Hyperstream™ to achieve unprecedented jitter immunity and low-level linearity via a patented Time Domain Jitter Eliminator.
• Digital Audio Signal Processing using M-AJiC32 (MOON Asynchronous Jitter Control in 32-bit mode)
• A virtually jitter-free “1 picosecond” digital clocking system
• Optional MiND (MOON intelligent Network Device) module (9th input) via WiFi or Ethernet input for multi-room streaming
• Optional variable analog outputs (balanced & single-ended) using M-eVOL volume circuit which was originally developed for the MOON Evolution series. Accessible using the remote control, this volume operates in 0.5dB increments. M-eVOL is based on a resistive array configuration with no sonic degradation of the audio signal regardless of the chosen volume setting
• The entire analog stage is a fully balanced differential circuit for increased dynamic range and headroom, higher resolution, as well as improved signal-to-noise ratio.
• A very short signal path using a DC servo circuit and proprietary 12dB/octave analog filter
• Separate digital & analog power supplies using 2 independant toroidal transformers with 11 stages of voltage regulation
• Four-layer PCB tracings for a dramatically improved signal-to-noise ratio
• RS-232 port for (i) full unsolicited bidirectional feedback and (ii) firmware updates
• 12 Volt trigger outputs for remote operation and IR input for external control
• SimLink controller port allows for 2-way communications between other compatible MOON components.
The MOON 380D will be available in April 2012 with an MSRP $3,900.00 USD for the base version; add $600.00 for variable analog outputs; add $1,200.00 for the MOON MiND streamer.
Please contact our advertising team to obtain information relating to media placement, either on our Web site or within our magazine. We will be happy to answer your questions.