Versatile Loudspeaker Perfectly Suited as a Center Channel in Meridian Digital Theater Installations
New York, NY—Following the successful introduction of DSP3200, the most compact Meridian DSP Loudspeaker to date, DSP3300 uses similar electronics and drive unit technology, housed in a more conventional cabinet design, to add a new, versatile Digital Active Loudspeaker to the Meridian range that is perfectly suited to use as a centre channel in a range of Meridian Digital Theatre installations.
The new Meridian DSP3300 is a multipurpose two-way digital active loudspeaker, designed to deliver outstanding levels of power and clarity. Where space is limited, especially where floor-standing models can’t be used, DSP3300 delivers an excellent performance. Whether used singly as a centre channel loudspeaker, for main left and right channels, or surround channels, this commanding loudspeaker delivers a dynamic sound quality whether the system is used for movies, music, or a combination of both.
DSP3300 is sold singly, so that it can be easily specified as a centre channel, and is supplied with a moulded rubber mount that provides a simple but effective means of angling the loudspeaker so that it projects its sound towards the listening position while also protecting the loudspeaker and furniture that it might be placed on from scratching or scuffing. The same mount can alternatively be used to cradle one of the curved ends of the loudspeaker should a particular installation require vertical orientation.
DSP3300 is offered with two high-gloss paint finishes: Traffic White and traditional high gloss black.
Key Points for Editors
* DSP3300 is a powerful digital active loudspeaker, ideal for use in Meridian Digital Theatre applications where it can be used singly as a centre channel; in pairs as main left and right channels or as surround channels.
* The combination of powerful DSP and active loudspeaker technologies, plus the use of twin 165 mm bass drivers give DSP3300 impressive low frequency performance and sound pressure level.
* Intelligent cabinet design coupled with the use of a single, centrally located wide range drive unit ensure DSP3300 functions perfectly as a horizontal center channel. And thanks to the simple rubber mount supplied with every DSP3300 Loudspeaker can be installed vertically, should a specific installation require it.
* The use of a wide-range driver allows the frequency of the DSP crossover to be moved outside of the speech band, resulting in an effortless sound that remains clear, open and spacious, even at high listening levels.
* Digital Signal Processing is used to implement a sophisticated loudness control that allows DSP3300 to deliver a bigger sound that remains balanced at low listening levels.
* Dual bass drivers deliver tightly controlled, powerful low frequency performance.
* With Meridian SpeakerLink connectivity DSP3300 can be connected quickly and easily to any of Meridian’s Surround Sound Controllers, making installation and configuration as simple as possible.
* Onboard Digital Signal Processing provides dynamic bass protection with very accurate transients ensuring that when the loudspeaker is played at very high levels, even over prolonged periods of time, the performance remains clean and controlled.
Meridian DSP3300 Digital Active Loudspeaker
Suggested Retail Price: $3,995 each (US)
Available September 2011
Please contact our advertising team to obtain information relating to media placement, either on our Web site or within our magazine. We will be happy to answer your questions.