The UnicoNuovo shares with UnicoP and the UnicoPrimo a project based on a single triode pre stage, it differs, however, from the first for the use of valves in place of ECC83/12AX7 ECC82/12AU7 and from the second for a different polarization as the single triode that has been replaced by two parallel elements.
A single-stage triode produces mainly second-order harmonic components with better results in terms of detail and clarity of music. A valve with a higher gain, coupled with a solid-state amplification with carefully calibrated gain, accentuates the “tube quality” of the entire system. Doubling the number of triodes in a parallel configuration represents a further step towards a solution that offers uncompromising ann even more refined sonic performance.
The Unison Research technical staff has implemented an uncommon solution for the circuit of polarization that is usually used in high prestige phono stages (the “ionic polarization”). This, paying attention to usually neglected parameters of vacuum tubes, can reveal the most subtle tonal nuances.
• Output Power: 80W RMS/ 8Ohm
• Frequency response: -0.1dB @ 10Hz, -0.5dB @ 100kHz
• Input Impedance: 50kOhm // 47pF
• Sensibility: 260mV RMS
• Input stage: Pure A Class, parallel Valve stage, ECC83/12AX7
• Output stage: Dynamic A Class POWER MOSFET complementary
• Input: 5 Line RCA (1 phono optional)
• Line Output: 1 tape, 1 sub (with volume control)
• Output Connector: 4 + 4 bi-wiring
• Feedback factor: 10dB
• THD: 0.15% @ 10W/1kHz
• Power consuption: 400W max
• Size: 43.5cm x 9.5cm x 43cm
• Weight: 16kg